4 months ago
A unique opportunity to join an innovative European renewable energy IPP, specializing in the development, financing, construction, and operations of wind, solar, hydro and bioenergy assets worldwide. The portfolio currently stands at over 525MW across 50+ operational sites worth over $3 billion.
The US Health and Safety Director will be responsible for leading and managing the maintenance of the HSE Management System in line with group directives to ensure compliance with all relevant local, state and federal legal guidelines, standards, laws as well as industry standards. They will also enforce policies and procedures to ensure the continuous improvement and implementation of a culture focused on health and safety, which is at the core of everything they do.
- Lead by example and provide full and active commitment in the deployment of HSE policy and any additional specific written statement.
- Personally, comply to all applicable regulations.
- Sustain HSE performance improvement by monitoring the established Key Performance Indicators and by taking actions whenever necessary. Ensure full implementation of standards and procedures throughout the Region.
- Maintain legal HSE requirements inventory according to local, state and federal regulations.
- Review and manage with Balance of Plant, Equipment suppliers and other contractor and suppliers as appropriate, the site-specific safety plans.
- Attend monthly construction progress meetings and complete safety audits. Provide continuous feedback to contractors and suppliers.
- Lead and manage as required the investigation and review of any safety
- Regularly perform operation and construction site HSE inspections, typically on a quarterly basis for operating facilities and monthly for projects under construction.
- Provide HSE support to the maintenance team by participating in the development of operating procedures and emergency procedures (develop an Emergency Response Plan) Regularly monitor and act upon Region HSE event investigations and recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Lead the 8D analysis for Severe Event (LTI, Near Miss..) when required
- Provide support in the implementation and maintenance of the Region Specific HSE Management System whenever required / requested by the organization.
- Implement global HSE training programs within the regional organization at all levels, ensuring personnel are adequately trained for the functions they are performing.
- Provides the personnel in the Region with suitable HSE advices related to roles, responsibilities and general HSE rules.
- Take part in the continuous improvement process of HSE Management System and performance by participating to cross-businesses and cross-sectors working groups and training sessions.
- Demonstrate full and active commitment in the deployment of the HSE Policy.
- Ensure sharing of best practices across the HSE Community organization.
- Establish and assign HSE action plans for improvement at the Region whenever required.
- Develop effective HSE communication mechanisms.
- Lead by example in complying with the Region HSE rules.
- Ensure Region monthly HSE reports and KPI’s are reported accurately and on time.
- Support Region management to ensure that the HSE Management system remains compliant with standards.
- Liaise with the relevant HSE authorities and external services if needed.
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent in Construction Management, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; ideally with Electrical Engineering background or knowledge,
- Prior experience of 4 to 6 years in as Safety Manager and/or Safety Director in the construction or operations. Energy generation experience as a plus,
- Prior experience in maintaining and inspecting turbine components, blades, substation equipment, communication system is a plus,
- Operate at the highest-level integrity and confidentiality
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proven experience as Safety Manager and/or Safety Director
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal abilities
- BSc/BA in safety management or relevant field is preferred
- Valid qualification in occupational health and safety
- English – Fluent
- Spanish – as a plus