Competitive Salary (DOE)
over 1 year ago
My client is a global engineering consulting business that specialises in providing investment support and technical advisory for developers and IPPs in the renewable energy sector. With a focus on working with wind, solar and other energy storage projects, the Head of Power Systems Asia-Pacific will be responsible for building out a team locally here in Australia while also facilitating the management of and delivering distribution and transmission analysis to clients.
Role and Responsibilities
- Build and lead a team around my client’s power systems advisory scope across APAC.
- Provide technical expertise on a range of power systems workstreams such as distribution and transmission networks, renewable energy, grid integration as well as broader power system planning.
- Undertake grid prospecting and conceptual design of connections as well as optioneering with an emphasis on the development of renewable energy and energy storage projects.
- Conduct due diligence and risk assessment of grid connections.
- Liaise with clients to facilitate the best possible technical and commercial outcomes of negotiations with AEMO and various NSPs.
- Support the broader scope of renewable generation projects including Model Acceptance Testing.
- Lead the processes responsible for the submission of high-quality bids and proposals to clients.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Deep understanding of power system theory.
- Holistic understanding of the Australian transmission and distribution planning processes as well as knowledge surrounding customer connection practises.
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to the connection of new generators and loads.
- Understanding of inverter-based power conversion systems.
- Demonstrated track record in an Australian power system engineering environment (consultancy, OEM, NSP or AEMO).
- Proven track record of successfully managing projects and project teams.
- Proficiencies in modern simulation software and electrical circuit modelling mediums (PSCAD, PSS/E, DigSILENT Powerfactory, ETAP, ERACS etc.
If you feel you would be a great fit for this opportunity, please send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org