Competitive Salary (DOE)
10 months ago
A leading international renewable energy company is seeking a Head of Owner’s Engineers with expertise and experience in managing the design, construction, and commissioning of BESS projects.
- Project Management oversight of design, construction, quality, and closeout of BESS power plants
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with clients, local representatives, vendors, EPC Contractor and other stakeholders.
- Evaluate monthly contractor progress reports with an eye toward managing project risks and exploiting project opportunities.
- Support preparing monthly reports for the project Owner and lenders based on contractor reports and first-hand observation of the project progress.
- Present project progress, key findings, and recommendations to the project Owner and/or lenders as required.
- Negotiate variation orders as required, managing scope, technical issues, and commercial commitments.
- Responsible for working with the engineering and technical groups ensuring work outputs comply with standards and meets contract requirements.
- Chair monthly site project/quality meetings with site contractors, subcontractors, and other consultants
- Demonstrate leadership in environmental, health, and safety.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Engineering, or related field of study. Electrical or Civil Engineering and PMP certification preferred.
- At least five years of experience that includes a proven track record of managing large scale construction projects. BESS experience is required.
- Possess extensive knowledge of fieldwork methodology.
- Possess extensive knowledge of construction safety standards and practices.
- Possess extensive knowledge of construction equipment, particularly cranes, load charts and rigging.
- Ability to work towards and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of an organization.