about 1 month ago
- Lead the strategic development of the group Engineering function and manage relationships with key stakeholders (ExCom, Country Heads and Function Heads).
- Work collaboratively with ExCom, Country Heads and Function Heads to achieve the corporate vision and objectives.
- Recruit, develop, retain and lead a high-performing team of experts with the capability to provide high quality support to country teams and assurance to the Board and senior management.
- Develop technical and engineering capability through establishing best practice management systems, processes and procedures that embed lessons learned and knowledge gained for the benefit of the whole company.
- Provide a centre of expertise in the business for asset integrity, including developing the companies approach to assessing asset life and lifecycle management strategies. Seek to influence procurement decisions in order to secure best long term value for equipment specification and selection.
- Participate in the companies Investment Committee and support the Board Investment Committee for projects in operation, highlighting technical issues, opportunities and risks in making investment decisions.
- Lead due diligence for new acquisition opportunities in operation, working collaboratively with other Technical Teams and country Asset Management teams colleagues to provide timely feedback to origination teams and senior management. Deliver well-scoped and high-quality (third party and internal) technical due diligence reports. Present recommendations, risks and opportunities clearly and within agreed timeframes. Work proactively with country teams to develop solutions for mitigating risks and adding value.
- Provide support to country and corporate teams on technical matters associated with design and design review of pre-construction assets and implementation of design for construction assets. Proactively share knowledge and experience with the wider business
- Play a leading role in the companies transition towards operational excellence, engaging the organisation with clear and consistent communications on technical and engineering matters.
- Provide support to country and corporate teams on technical matters across all phases of the project lifecycle assets. Proactively share knowledge and experience with the wider business.
- Lead on the assessment of new technologies, carrying out technology reviews as required to provide assurance to the business. Develop the companies' understanding and capability in battery storage.
- Provide leadership on electrical safety, supporting the Global HSE team and country teams as required and maintaining Integrated Management Systems documentation to support this effort.
- Degree qualification in a relevant technical discipline (or equivalent) and significant experience in the development, construction and operation of utility-scale renewables.
- Experience in managing high-performing teams.
- Ability to collaborate and lead/participate in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Extensive experience of working on renewable power projects across all lifecycle phases.Technical Expertise in current renewable technologies.
- Strong commercial acumen/track record and the ability to translate technical findings into commercial implications.
- Problem-solver with the creativity to identify solutions and the drive to implement them.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels and the ability to convey complex ideas in a comprehensible manner.
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparts across diverse countries and cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally as required.