£69,900 to £87,400 + 30% Bonus + £6,000 Car Allowance
HEMS - 10
7 months ago
One of the Largest Suppliers of Low Carbon Energy are looking for a Head of Energy Management Solutions to Lead and Develop the Applications & Digital Team. Here, the team manages the Applications and Digital Systems for various teams including origination, trading, risk management, back office and operations.
You will act as a Technical Expert and Design Lead ensuring developed Energy Management Solution applications are built fit for purpose.
You will also have the ability, as part of the wider IT team, to contribute to the IT Strategy and seeing it through to implementation.
- Operate and build a team of IT applications & digital specialists to achieve high service levels of application development, maintenance and continuous delivery
- Create and maintain the support model for energy management solutions and manage the UK Energy Management Solutions team out of hours support services
- Being the subject matter expert to own the applications strategy and roadmap for the energy management / energy operations domain, collaborating with relevant Solution and Enterprise Architects to ensure consistent technical design and architecture
- Collaborate with relevant internal IT and business functions to deliver the service level expected from the Energy Management Solutions team
- Maintain that applications and digital solutions are delivered according to operations expectation
- Maintain applications and digital solutions are developed and delivered to comply with internal processes and risk frameworks
- Orchestrate system development and change projects to ensure requirements are met in the most cost-effective manner while minimising associated risks
- Act as the domain Resource Manager and liaise with appropriate Project Managers / Scrum Masters to ensure that resources are effectively allocated to support delivery of IT projects
- Contribute to IT strategy, budget planning, objective setting and monitoring, compliance with governance and internal control requirements
- Act as the Operational or Strategic Relationship Manager as appropriate with external suppliers in terms of supplier performance on system support, maintenance and delivery
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of effective Disaster Recovery services and associated testing in order to meet the Company’s Business Continuity requirements
- Develop and maintain appropriate procedures, compliance and service levels monitoring and reporting
- Conduct regular reviews to ensure that applications & digital solutions continue to support business processes, including maintaining an awareness of any impacts from external issues or changes
- Continually seek ways that IT can improve business effectiveness and operational performance through improved systems and processes that add value to the business
- Identify, research, evaluate and select emerging technologies in order to deliver improvements in system functionality and avoid technical obsolescence
- Degree or equivalent in Information Technology or Computer Science (or related technical / scientific discipline) – Essential
- Post Graduate Management qualification, eg MSc, MBA - Desirable
- Accredited qualification in standard Project Management methodology, eg PRINCE2 – Desirable
- Appropriate technical qualifications, eg Microsoft, Oracle, TOGAF – Desirable
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.