To undertake power system analysis, manage the connection application process and provide technical engineering expertise to support the grid connection activities for the project pipeline through the feasibility, development and delivery phases.
- Utilise power system analysis techniques and software tools to investigate new project opportunities across all jurisdictions in which are active (including the UK, Ireland and Australia) to identify key areas for future project development.
- Assess grid connection options for both distribution and transmission connected Solar PV projects to ensure optimal connection strategies are pursued for both contestable and non-contestable works in line with project development requirements.
- Develop and foster close working relationships with UK transmission and distribution network operators to assist the negotiation of efficient and cost-effective grid connection strategies and to support projects through the grid connection process.
- Create and maintain a database of grid connection costs for primary, secondary and auxiliary electrical equipment associated with the connection of Solar PV projects to assist in financial modelling for prospective projects.
- Provide technical advice to the development and management teams to ensure all engineering factors during the grid connection process are appropriately considered and risk assessed.
- Assist with the investigation and development of capability for new and advancing technologies (including Battery Storage and Grid Forming Inverters) to maximise project value, including through enabling the provision of ancillary services.
- Progressively establish sound engineering standards, systems and procedures for grid connection activities.