10 months ago
A leading Australian renewable energy developer and investment company are seeking a Grid Connection Engineer to join their growing grid team. With a strong pipeline of utility scale solar PV and storage projects under development, this is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic, proactive, creative and energetic Engineer to join the business
As Grid Connection Engineer, you will work closely with the structuring, development, and asset management business units and take principal responsibility for negotiating and finalising grid connection arrangements across the company.
· You will ensure that cutting edge solutions are implemented to develop and conclude performance standards to meet the requirements of the NER
· Drive compliance with Grid Code requirements through review and leadership of performance studies
· Provide leadership in the design, development and execution of electrical infrastructure across the lifecycle of projects
· Work with the Head of Engineering to oversee the HV management system for projects
· Assign grid requirements to the relevant, EPC and O&M contracts for renewable and storage plants.
· Manage the interface with grid consultants and understand and interrogate the grid study results to ensure that the outputs of the studies and the GPS requirements are on point
· Lead the negotiation of grid connection with NSPs.
· Work with and lead the discussion with AEMO, NSPs, EPC & O&M contractors, consultants and equipment suppliers
Requirements from you:
· To succeed in this role, you must be a self-starter who is willing to be hands on in all aspects of managing the grid connection elements of project development and execution
· Relevant electrical engineering tertiary qualifications
· Deep experience with grid connections, HV electrical design and familiarity with the NER
· Understanding of grid performance studies including the process, software, sensitivities, and outputs.
· Experienced in managing key stakeholder groups, including Network Providers and Regulatory bodies.
· An ability to work to tight deadlines
· You must be able to make decisions and communicate in a simple and clear manner
· Ability to review and challenge performance reports and lead negotiations
· Awareness of employer’s responsibility with Electricity Industry and other legislation
· Involvement in the management of grid connections, ensuring Grid Code requirements are achieved through appropriate data capture and management and nomination capability.
· A thorough understanding of the processes and systems associated with operating in a utility / large electricity generator environment at senior level.
· A sound general understanding of the technical aspects of power transmission and generation including grid integration.
· A broad awareness of the renewable energy market and the various contractors and service providers involved.