over 1 year ago
Join a frontrunner in renewable energy with an extensive knowledge and experience in developing, building and operating solar, wind and hydro power plants and storage solutions. The company are seeking a Global Energy Portfolio Manager in Oslo, Norway to be part of the global team, helping to shape the entire portfolio and market operations setup.
- Coordinate the origination and structuring of corporate/private PPAs for the growing asset base.
- Co-ordinate hedging strategies and optimization of the power sales portfolios, as well as owning and evaluating prices and price formation.
- Take lead on long term power price projections and modelling, as well as the internal prices used for investments and sales.
- Global responsibility for assessing energy sales/hedging strategies for projects and portfolios with merchant exposure, taking risk and return considerations into account. Develop stress tests and scenario analysis as needed. Ensure that market risk exposures are fully understood and managed.
- Co-own risk assessment methodology with CFO organisation: Financial modelling of portfolios and new projects with merchant exposure; holistic approach to harmonising risk weighted valuation and credit assessments of offtakers.
- Assist in origination of new PPAs and clients in all markets, working closely with the Business development team. Co-manage relationships with global off-takers.
- Assist globally in structuring of long term PPAs and other energy sales strategies.
- Keep track of regulatory changes concerning markets with operating assets.
- Develop and maintain related business procedures and models as needed.
- Gradually help prepare the organization for active market hedging and balancing operations, including identifying and partly expanding the role to cover and manage related resources needed.
- Excellent analysis skills, as well as experience and strategic views on PPA structures and merchant market revenues including perspectives portfolio management/risk management.
- University level education in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Mathematical engineering/applied mathematics, master level degree an advantage.
- 5+ years of experience from market/trading analysis or energy planning/purchase departments – either large corporate environment or trading environment.
- Deep understanding of energy markets, price formation, and system/regulatory design.
- Excellent financial/risk modelling skills.
- Previous experience in trading energy from renewable projects preferred.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken. Additional languages a plus.