City of London
26 days ago
My client is a cleantech trading house startup, and they are looking for a sole General Counsel to assist them in their growth and to build out the legal function.
The company aims to deploy significant private capital (£500M+) and develop a 1GW pipeline of battery storage projects in the next 36 months. Future plans include diversifying battery technologies e.g. EV, Storage, Compressed air, Hydrogen, etc, and moving into Europe, Asia, and the US with a similar model.
This is a unique opportunity for a General Counsel to join the team from the beginning and shape the business as it grows, plans are to grow to 30-50 individuals. The company is keen to find a General Counsel with experience in the energy space but equally as important, someone motivated by the opportunity to work in a start-up environment. There is no specific JD for the role but you would be working closely with the Founder / MD who is an ex trader and used to manage one of the largest merchant battery storage portfolios globally.
They are ideally looking for someone who:
· Has experience working in energy (renewable, cleantech, or oil & gas)
· Has development and contract experience
· Has experience working in a startup environment and previous experience in private practice
· Is a self-starter and a go-getter
· Has 10+ years of PQE
· Hybrid working, 2/3 days in the office