over 2 years ago
Excellent opportunity for an expert Financial Modeller to join a leading European Infrastructure Investment Manager dedicated to the Renewable Energy sector. The business manage in excess of £3bn in renewable energy assets, comprised of solar, wind, storage and bioenergy projects across Europe & Asia.They are looking for a Financial Modeller who can join the asset management team and report on the operational asset portfolio.
The main responsibilites will include:
- Developing operating models as necessary for new technologies, funds or territories.
- Typically handing over the ongoing management of these models, once they are finalised, to the operating team members.
- The Financial Modeller will design and implement model design policies
- Supervision of the training and ongoing support that enable the wider team to update and manage their models effectively and accurately on an ongoing basis.
- He/she will also design and implement an appropriate model integrity policy to include an internal and external auditing programme, adapted to the relative risk of each model, as well as tracking modelling errors and implementing strategies to minimise future errors.
- The role requires the ability to take aholistic view of the strategic purpose of each model, and how all of the various models fit together and provide value for investors.
- Must be a highly experienced modeller with proven experience of building and operating corporate or asset models.
- Investment/financial experience and an interest in renewable energy is an advantage but not a requirement.
- The ideal candidate will be expert at excel, proficient in VBA and a proven ability to work well with different teams.
- He/she will be highly organised, plan ahead and be comfortable delivering complex projects to tight deadlines.
- They will be passionate about detail, digging into information received and taking accountability for the accuracy and quality of models across the board, i.e. including those not operated by him/herself.
- They will thrive in fast moving and growing business – continually challenging how things are done in the interest of improving the systems, processes and the quality of models.
- A quantitative degree or an MBA is preferred
Indicative base salary range: £55-65K