10 months ago
An international solar and battery storage developer are seeking a Finance Analyst to join their finance team in their Sydney offices. You will join a small group of finance specialists and your responsibilities will involve project finance, structured finance and M&A transactions
Our client raises capital finance and conduct M&A transactions. It is the responsibility of the Finance Analyst to manage the financial models for these transactions. You will also be involved in tender processes for PPA for the company’s development assets and you will be responsible for conducting portfolio returns on a quarterly basis
You will be responsible for the following activities:
· Financial modelling for current and prospective projects in Australia. This will include the preliminary assessment of project opportunities, the analysis of development activities leading to financial close, model maintenance during the construction of assets, and valuation activities.
· Data processing and the analysis of results, providing conclusions and recommendations to senior management, as well as third parties.
· The management of financial model assumptions through the financial model suite.
· The analysis and quantification of risks and scenarios to support decision making.
· The production of financial and investment returns analysis for the purpose of reporting to senior management.
· Supporting on financial close process.
· Supporting on M&A transactions
· Supporting activities related to the preparation of an RFP response or commercial proposal.
· Preparation of presentations on the activities of the company and on specific topics as required.
· Support and preparation of internal memoranda according to standards and approval process.
Skills, qualifications and experience required from you:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
· Qualifications in commerce, business, mathematics, statistics, or engineering.
· 2+ years’ experience in financial modelling for non-recourse debt financing facilities for infrastructure assets in Australia.
· A proven track record in working with large and complex spreadsheets.
· Understanding of financial principles and project finance appraisal techniques
· Advanced analytical, numerical and organisation skills.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both with internal and external stakeholders.