Solar O&M Technician - Electrician - Midlands/East of England
- Posted 02 February 2021
- Salary DOE
- LocationEast Midlands
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameDaniel May
A rare opportunity to join a leading international Asset Manager who are looking to expand their team due to an increase in their portfolio.
The company has currently various (for the time being only) ground mount solar PV assets under management. You will be required on a daily basis to visit various sites in the portfolio of the company, under the instructions of the O&M Managers/Operators of the company and report findings, observations and measurements done on site back to the control room.
You will be asked to work closely with the back end engineers in order to execute (i) planned preventative maintenance, (ii) corrective maintenance and (iii) troubleshooting. Workorders will be assigned via the company’s CMMS system. The same system will be used for all formal communications between Field Service Engineers and Control Room.
In certain occasions you will be asked to support the team by identifying local suppliers for various materials and services in order to conduct corrective maintenance activities.
You will be:
- Responsible for routine maintenance, testing, and remedial work on deployed solar PV systems
- Responsible for complying with company procedures
- Responsible for performing Preventative Maintenance accordingly with the PPM annual plan
- Responsible for performing Corrective Maintenance as occurs
- Reporting of activities performed on site, upon any site visit and on a daily basis, through the CMMS or manual reports as applicable
- Own risk assessment, analysis and operational Limitations. Report all near misses to manager
- Responsible for supervision and coordination of third party contractors carrying out works on site
- Coordinate third party contractors in order to comply with H&S Regulations
- Keeping accurate and detailed records of electrical testing, that are suitable for audit
- Fault finding for any system that is not performing correctly
- Alert the manager of any issues
- Maintain data security and confidentiality by using information within the parameters of the job role, any applicable SLAs, the company data policies and / or privacy notices and the statutory guidelines set out within the GDPR and any associated UK legislation. Pay particular regard to any data that is generated by CCTV or that may be classified as personal data.
- Comply with all required fire, health and safety requirements for the environment in which you are working, including making yourself aware of the current applicable policies and risk assessments and acting accordingly, and attending any required training. In particular to adhere to bio security, health and safety and confined spaces protocols. Any other reasonable task as requested by a Manager, Partner or Director of the business Interactions within the company
Should have :
- Relevant qualification in an electrical/mechanical or engineering discipline
- City & Guilds 17/18th BS7671 Wiring Regs.
- City & Guilds 2399-13-Solar PV Installation
- City & Guilds 2399-14-Solar PV maintenance or equivalent
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
- City & Guilds 2391-52 Test & Inspect or equivalent
- Holder of an ECS (Electrical Contractors skills)