6 months ago
To develop, enhance and co-ordinate the delivery of Investment and ESG strategy. To be the subject matter expert for ESG issues throughout the investment cycle supporting teams on acquisition due diligence, asset management initiatives and investor reporting. Ensuring compliance with and aiming for outperformance on external reporting standards such as UN PRI and Task Force for Climate Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD.)
Further develop and co-ordinate the delivery of the ESG strategy into a framework that takes into account business opportunities and risks as well as external reporting and regulatory requirements. Not only should the framework support the integration of all relevant Environmental, Social and Governance factors
Co-ordinating the production of the annual ESG Highlights Report through the collation and analysis of data, and the development of case studies from across the portfolio. Monitoring reporting trends and standards to ensure alignment with current best practice.
- Working closely with investor relations to develop how ESG performance and requirements externally and integrates it into its corporate identity. This will include the annual ESG Highlights Report, ESG content on the corporate website, ESG overview presentations and responding to due diligence questionnaires.
- Provide technical support to the acquisitions, asset management and investor relations teams on ESG. Monitor industry trends and disseminate emerging innovation and best practice.
- Manage the annual ESG monitoring questionnaire of our PPP and regulated infrastructure assets
- Liaise with Risk Manager to audit and improve diversity, business conduct and governance at all underlying assets (and supply chain partners) and share best practice.
- Manage and coordinate the social benefit schemes sponsored by the Company and the underlying assets.
- Provide technical support to the HR Director in the development of CSR initiatives.
- Working closely with the ESG Committee, develop and implement investment metrics and KPIs that will drive the business to deliver continuous improvement in ESG performance and provide a consistent approach across all funds. These metrics should:
- Be based on knowledge and analysis of external ESG assessments and reporting requirements or certification schemes, such as GRESB, UNPRI and TCFD;
- Align with industry best practice as articulated by external bodies and 'best in class' peers; and
- Utilise KPI data and benchmarking questionnaires to co-ordinate the company's responses to relevant external ESG assessments such as TCFD and UNPRI.
- Contributing to analysis of emerging ESG trends and regulations / standards and their potential impact an overall ESG perspective. Pro-actively engage with ESG rating agencies to learn where the company needs to focus on strengthening its ESG disclosure.
- Attending and presenting at external events / conferences / seminars, and producing journal papers on relevant sustainability topics.
- Significant experience in previous ESG role.
- Pro-active, self-starter with strong research and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills including reporting writing, presentation preparation and delivery.
- Asset management and infrastructure experience desirable but not essential.