Up to 50,000
11 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with one of the leading energy consultancy firms based in Kent, UK. With over 25 years’ experience their mission is to deliver unique solutions to customers to help reduce their energy costs.
- Accountable for establishing Public Sector complaint frameworks.
- Buying customers energy requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders at director and senior management level.
Accountability Key Responsibilities
- Maintain an up to date view of energy supply/demand.
- Develop and implement new trading and risk management strategies.
- Monitor energy non-commodity charges, taxes and levies.
- Provide price forecasting/modelling information.
- Provide routine updates on relevant regulatory changes in energy policy and provide impact assessments.
- Execute wholesale trades vis supplier optimisation desks.
- Develop working relationships with suppliers.
- Provide procurement reports and contractual support.
- Present procurement reports and updates.
- Assist in the evolution and understanding of renewable energy solutions.
Skills (i.e. communication / problem solving / autonomy/ analytical / meet deadlines)
- Good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
- Strong, clear communication skills.
- First class presentation skills.
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads efficiently.
- Analyse and interpret large data sets from a variety of data sources.
- Able to work in a complex environment with conflicting demands and make clear and consistent decisions.
- Anticipates issues and is pro-active in dealing with them.
Knowledge (experience, qualifications, IT Literacy / packages, commercial awareness)
- Procurement experience in managing large public sector frameworks and contracts.
- Good understanding of the latest public sector procurement guidelines and legislation.
- Supply/demand information for LNG, Natural Gas, Crude Oil, Shipping, FX, Power, Coal, Renewables and Carbon.
- Engaging and influencing outcomes with energy suppliers at senior management and director level.
- Experience in energy wholesale trading (desirable).
- Understanding of Power Purchase Agreements (desirable).
- Degree-level qualification.
- Procurement qualification.
- Financial market relevant qualification.