over 1 year ago
It involves working on a range of unique projects from planning to post construction and monitoring. This role will appeal to a creative and ambitious Electrical Design Engineer who is passionate about designing innovative, functional and unique integration of renewables.
This vacancy involves working directly with clients to understand their requirements to ensure delivery of accurate designs based upon that specification. You will also work with internal and site based teams.
- Understand, develop and potentially influence the Clients specification
- Manage and deliver designs from feasibility to practical completion of a project, through to monitoring
- Working closely with the on-site team, coaching and monitoring the performance of the on-site Electrical team in particular
- Actively use and encourage out of the box thinking rather than just 'Copy and paste' type engineering
- Responsibility for delivery of financial budgets and targets for designs under your control
- Working closely with colleagues and key supply partners to get the best design at the best price
- Assisting with full project budgets
- Hands-on approach to design on projects
- Degree qualified and preferably Chartered
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Building Services or large Solar/Power plants
- Qualified and experienced to 33KV
- Previous experience designing projects and able to convey concept designs using hand sketches
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD electrical
- Experience of using design tools to provide electrical design schematics
- Experience of design software to produce LV and HV protection studies
- Knowledge of designing electrical control panels containing Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's), safety relays & LV modular distribution systems incorporating fuses & MCB's.
- Comfortable in a client facing role, able to build rapport and confidence quickly with clients, developers, the DNO and colleagues
- Able to travel to Client premises in the UK and abroad when required