Competitive Salary (DOE)
10 months ago
Director, Solar + Storage + Wind | Renewable Energy | Project Management | Engineering Support
A leader in large-scale long-term energy projects with extensive financial resources, is hiring a Senior Project Engineer / Director of Engineering. This position will lead the engineering and design team, assuming overall responsibility for successful project execution. The Senior Project Engineer acts as a liaison between the engineering team, project management and the customer with the responsibility for integrating the various engineering, scheduling and purchasing aspect of the project in accordance with contract obligations.
- Serves as single point of contact for EPC, Owner’s Engineer, and Customer on all technical issues related to execution of power projects.
- Monitors schedules, budgets and estimates through completion to ensure the project finishes on time and within budget. Leads periodic reviews of engineering execution schedule, expediting of engineering teams, escalation of needs and reporting of project technical delivery status.
- Leads the planning, setup and monitoring of the project systems, inter-discipline work flows and coordination of design activities through engineering disciplines. Leads the coordination and resolution of inter-disciplinary issues.
- Manages the contracting of vendors and sub-contractors process, starting in negotiations and up to final contracting.
- Conducts regular meetings with international engineering partners to ensure successful project implementation.
- Reviews and comments, as required, on project documents and drawings to meet contractual obligations for document flow.
- Reviews and supervises the project, including construction and testing.
- Assists in the specification, bid analysis, vendor selection, and capacity assessment for sourced equipment.
- Serves as leader of Engineering process improvement initiatives as required
- Supports Project Managers in tracking and compiling any design or specification changes and their resultant impacts.
- Maintains familiarity with engineering codes and regulation as they apply to BESS and Auxiliary equipment
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Engineering
- 10+ related experience in the energy sector. Familiarity with renewable energy systems; wind, solar or battery storage (preferred)
- Practice with design/construction, process controls, and instrumentation required.
- Professional Engineering Registration (PE) desired, but not mandatory.