Director of Performance Engineering (BESS)
- Posted 08 May 2023
- Salary $190,000 - $200,000 Base + 35% Bonus
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure, Energy Storage & DSR
- Contact NameAdnan Yaseen
Position: Director of Performance Engineering (BESS)
Location: Chicago, IL – Hybrid (Potential Option to remain Remote with Travel)
Salary: $ 190k-200k Base + 35% Bonus
TGRC has partnered with an industry leading energy storage IPP! They provide a wide range of services within various sectors; however, their primary focus has been specifically on the further expansion of their energy storge portfolio. With financial backing from a Multi-Billion dollar asset management company, they are looking to bring on a Director of Performance engineering, who will be leading their efforts to manage Battery analysis, predictive maintenance, chemistry & efficiency. This role will report to the VP of Data analytics.
Our client develops, owns, and operates Utility Scale Standalone Storage projects across the USA.
What you will Do:
· Create manage, and present operational fleet performance metrics.
· Verify battery life efficiency through various methods such as dispatch management, and active rebalancing.
· Staying up to speed on the latest design, availability, and chemistry of BESS projects, especially throughout the EPC process.
· Work alongside bidding strategy development.
· Further your experience with managing third parties’ operations and analytics.
· 5+ years of Utility scale energy storage design and performance engineering experience. (Standalone storage or Solar + BESS)
· Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering. (MS preferred)
· Ability to draw financial conclusions for decisions relative to Utility scale Energy storage projects.
· Experience training and/or working with direct reports (engineers) is preferred.
Some travel may be required to project sites. This position offers a competitive benefits package, with exceptional health insurance & PTO. Candidates that require H1B sponsorship will be considered.
If you feel this is a great step into your next career move, please email your resume to A.firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to speaking with you!