3 months ago
This role will manage our Client's Investment Analysis, Project Financing and Accounting functions in the US related to our growing portfolio of renewable energy projects. The primary objective is to secure financing, determine if the investment criteria is met and account for multiple renewable energy projects, while working in close cooperation with the US Country Manager, Head of Project Finance, Corporate Accounting Manager and other key stakeholders.
- Directs the preparation of all financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Leads a team of accounting professionals, providing them guidance and mentorship.
- Oversees the reporting and filing of tax returns across the portfolio
- Works with other key stakeholders to assure that the US corporate structure is tax efficient.
- Management of operative tasks in the treasury area, eg.- preparation (submission) of payments in the electronic banking system, bank reconciliations tasks
- Oversee the efforts to raise capital and tax-equity funds and works with investment bankers, our legal team and other key stakeholders to raise and structure the capital required for project execution in the US.
- Performs accounting due diligence of potential transactions and ensures seamless integration of acquisitions, financing and accounting requirements.
- Manage closing process, including coordinating reviews and approvals across multi-functional teams, to bring the transaction to financial close under tight timeframes.
- Responsible for the internal Investment Analysis & Approval process and generation or the deliverables necessary to assure management and board approvals of investments and capital allocation.
- Develops internal metrics and provides necessary support for the business decision-making.
- Lead the creation of and maintain complex project finance models for internal and external parties to evaluate renewable energy projects during various stages of development, construction, and operation on an individual and portfolio basis
- 8-10 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA degree preferred
- Public accounting or finance experience preferred.
- Relevant industry experience in energy, banking, tax equity/equity investing, consulting or the energy/utilities/industrial
- Deep knowledge of energy project finance transactions and documentation, risk identification and risk mitigation strategies
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple types of project financings.
- Experience making recommendations to the executive level leadership – both internal and external stakeholders
- Knowledge of GAAP, proven technical skillset.
- A problem-solver with the vision and skillset necessary to advance organizational maturity.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and manage complex sets of financial data.
- Strong collaboration, communication and relationship skills.
- Detail oriented and highly organized;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including performing financial and analytical computations in Excel.
- Knowledge of SAP (preferred) or other ERP / accounting system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with the science of climate change, the board portfolio of clean energy technologies, and the range of potential policy frameworks for multiple sectors
- Able to produce excellent written communication for internal and external audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, innovative, entrepreneurial environment
- Dependable and reliable, excellent at taking initiative, can work independently without close supervision, and be a supportive team member