5 months ago
Controller, Renewable Power Producer | Accounting | Tax | Finance | Controlling | CPA
Exciting opportunity to join the finance function of a growing renewable power producer.
The firm finances, develops and operates utility renewable energy projects all over the world. They already have 600MW operational in the US and are rapidly growing – and require a controller who can perform core accounting functions while maintaining relationships with investors and other stakeholders.
The controller will initially have financial oversight for a large utility scale wind project in the U.S. They will work with another controller and report to the VP of Accounting and Tax.
The main responsibilities in the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Perform core accounting (monthly close, accruals, AP, investor calls / distributions, analysis and reconciliation) for two renewable energy projects (family of companies).
- Complete financial reporting cycles for the same renewable energy projects (quarterly unaudited financials, annual audited financials incl. footnotes, audit support, tax return support).
- Develop and operate platform (i.e. tools and processes) for successful completion of tasks relevant for Akuo Group IFRS reporting.
- Develop and operate FP&A platform for the Akuo USA consolidated operations. This includes budgeting, forecasting and understanding financial KPI’s (P&L, investments and liquidity) and how those KPI’s are relevant for business managers, investors and other stakeholders.
- Develop the tools, processes and areas of accountability so that the FP&A function works effectively and inclusively across the organization.
- Proactively support and deliver culture of continuous improvement; find ways we can get better.
- From time to time, perform ad-hoc finance, business or accounting analytics and create persuasive and effective change within the organization. From time to time help completion of audit processes or other compliance activities.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a focus on accounting or finance
- 4 or more years professional experience in accounting or finance roles
- Demonstrated working knowledge of accounting financial statements and interrelationship thereof
- Demonstrated high skillset communicating financial topics to skilled non-financial professionals
- Demonstrated skillset using quantitative analysis to address business questions
- Demonstrated strong integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Occasional travel, less than 10%.
- Certified Public Accountant or MBA
- Public accounting experience, including audit, tax or advisory services
- Master in Accountancy, or other advanced degree with finance focus
- Advanced analytic experience (content or tools) and systems experience. Examples of tools include Excel, Quickbooks, other ERP, PowerPoint, PowerBI, Microsoft DAX, Python
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.