10 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with one of the leading EPC's in the MENA region. Historically they have been experts in transmission and distribution projects. The company are now actively looking to operate as a renewables IPP in the region. Key strategic partnerships have been succesful and they are now looking to grow their renewables team.
During tendering phase:
- During development phase and/or tendering, in charge of developing a competitive construction strategy and ensuring it is priced competitively by costing manager and/or tendering department
- Manage the development of projects from any stage to get them to a ready to build state
- Work with relevant internal staff to prepare a competitive offer for the client in case of EPC or to prepare a competitive investment offer for IPP projects
- Search and negotiate with subcontractors according to the construction strategy validated with the Business Development team
During Construction phase:
- Directly responsible for construction success of the project as senior staff representative on site.
- Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Develops and implements the Project Construction Execution Plan. Directs staff in the daily, weekly planning process.
- Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
- Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the management. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
- Directs and approves the development and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
- Coordinates the Construction Completion Walk-downs and the completion of start-up packages and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
- Assists Project Manager with client interface and relations.
- Coordinates to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
- Reviews and approves equipment rentals and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors.
- Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings.
- Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Project Manager.
- Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to support the change management system.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
- Directly responsible for the labor charges and costs on direct hire projects.
- Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget
- Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
- Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
- Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site.
- Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
- Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
Skills & Experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in wind and/or solar power projects construction
- Bachelor degree in construction or engineering preferred
- Knowledge of project budget process and tools
- Knowledge of department budget process and tools
- Knowledge of Project controls
- Risk assessment/management
- Administrative policies and procedures
- Construction Project Management Systems
- Conceptual planning ability
- Conflict management skills
- Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
- Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
- Presentation skills
- Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
- Project management skills
- Communication and meeting skills
- Time reporting systems
- Expense reporting policies and procedures