about 1 month ago
An internationally recognised renewables developer and EPC firm is seeking a community and stakeholder engagement specialist to be part of a small team working to shape and implement best practice wind farm development and construction. Based in either Melbourne or Sydney CBD this role would involve a mixture of working from home, going into the office as well as the occasional site visit.
The successful candidate will be experienced in community engagement, community development, communications, complaint resolution and have an interest in how renewable energy development can create a positive legacy for the regions in in which we operate. The candidate will need to be highly self-motivated, semi-autonomous, and able to work effectively within a small dynamic team.
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
- Actively driving engagement with neighbours and surrounding communities to our project sites including developing community engagement and benefits sharing plans
- Enhance the the business's positive reputation as a wind farm developer by providing information and liaising with the local communities.
- Managing events around project sites and the regions in which the business operates
- Proactive and reactive media management
- Preparing project collateral, including community newsletters, fact sheets
- A relevant tertiary degree
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement
- Ability to develop and deliver a community engagement campaign, including some events work
- First-class oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of statutory planning and approvals processes for major infrastructure
- Passion for renewable energy
- Willingness and flexibility to travel
Although a background in renewable energy is preferred this would be a great opportunity for those with infrastructure backgrounds looking to get into the renewables industry. There is an attractive remuneration package on offer with an opportunity to work with a tier 1 developer. If this sounds like the role for you please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org