15 days ago
A multinational renewable energy developer are seeking a Compliance Manager to oversee the management of their renewable energy generation applications and licensing requirements, ensuring that projects will be able to export electricity to the National Electricity Market (NEM).
Our client are seeking an electricity compliance professional to be based out of their thriving Sydney office. You will have specific experience in interpreting and managing sets of rules and regulations in the electricity market in Australia.
This is an opportunity to join a market leader with a diverse portfolio of utility scale renewable energy projects across Australia including Solar, Wind and Battery Storage projects. There is real scope for career progression due to the growth plans and structure of this asset management team.
As Compliance Manager, you will be required to perform the following responsibilities:
· Manage the AEMO registration process and the jurisdictional generation requirements whilst liaising with NSPs and contractors to gain technical data.
· As renewable energy projects proceed from generation into operations you will establish and manage project obligations under National Electricity Law and the National Electricity Rules (NER).
· Manage the ongoing compliance of each renewable energy project, utilising internal management tools and maintaining project records
· Work closely with the Asset Manager of each project to establish systems and communication protocols to enable the projects to operate effectively
· Liaise with project stakeholders to collate registration requirements
· Manage communications with AEMO in response to market alerts as they are issued
· Work closely with internal teams to understand opportunities as they develop
· Maintain an awareness of wholesale price trans and future direction
· You will oversee LCG trading, reporting systems and procedures.
· Provide market intelligence to the wider team
Knowledge & Skills Required:
As Compliance Manager, you will be required to possess the following knowledge and skills:
· Experience in interpreting and managing sets of rules and regulations in the Australian electricity market is essential
· Effective negotiation skills, with experience of negotiating in a commercial or engineering environment.
· Stakeholder engagement experience
· Relevant degree level qualification
· Understanding of state regulators who provide generation licences
· Relevant experience of managing electricity generation registration and licence applications in Australia