Job Title: Business Manager
The Business Manager is responsible for a wide range of activities directed at managing and optimizing energy assets and their underlying P&L.
• Assist in developing annual budgets for the projects and perform periodic variance analyses
• Provide input and review of the pro-forma financial models for generation assets
• Author reports on project performance for investors and lenders
• Assist in cash flow forecasting and management
• Perform financial analyses of aftermarket improvements
• Develop other ad-hoc analyses as needed
• Collaborate with the operations engineering team to evaluate and improve operational performance and quantitatively justify economics.
• Coordinate with project O&M staff on other operational items, including major component repair and replacement
• Participate in contract development with outside vendors including contract negotiation Regulatory and compliance:
• Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and project agreements
• Power Purchase Agreements
• Operating Agreements
• Credit Agreements
• Operations and Maintenance Agreements
• Land Agreements
• Warranty Agreements
• Coordinate with Risk Manager and Operations on all insurance claims including the negotiation of claim settlements.
• Bachelor’s Degree in quantitative discipline e.g., Business, Economics, Finance/Accounting, or Engineering with MBA.
• At least 10 years of work experience in the California renewable energy/utilities sector. Position can be scaled based upon longer work experience.
• Experience negotiating and managing contracts.
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify and solve complex problems paired with ability to effectively communicate, collaborate, and write effectively.
• Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with standard financial metrics and analyses (NPV, IRR, DCF models) preferred.
• Approx. 25% Travel via airline and auto required to project sites and various corporate offices (NYC, San Diego, Reno), various stakeholders including offtakers, CEC, CAISO, major contractors/vendors, etc.
Please feel free to reach out directly to email@example.com.