5 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a fast-growing team and help support the Company’s mission by growing their project pipeline through identifying opportunities to secure projects individually or via joint development arrangements or acquisitions, whilst developing and maintaining relationships with strategic counterparties to develop utility-scale solar and wind projects.
- Represent the business in Italy before the following stakeholders as needed: developers, local authorities, landowners, local communities and other regulatory bodies.
- Originate opportunities, manage transactions and close deals with development partners in order to build up a pipeline of projects that can be taken through to RTB status.
- Ensure that the business is tracking the development status of projects in its pipeline, liaise with development partners to deliver projects to RTB, on time and in line with budgeted KPIs.
- Define and supervise project schedules and budgets, maintain the quality control of deliverables, oversee risk management and the preparation of necessary internal reports.
- Coordinate external service providers and internal teams to deliver a successful project through to RTB, covering legal, environmental, technical and commercial topics.
- Support the Technical Department in completing preliminary plant design by providing also the specific knowledge related to the country and/or state regulations.
- University degree in engineering, law or business preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in business and project development roles in the renewable sector covering utility scale wind and/or solar projects in Italy.
- Understanding of the project development process, regulation, including licenses, permits and interactions between the developers and third parties until the project reaches RTB status.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Italian and English.
- Experience with dealing with utilities, distributors and generators and a good network of contacts in those companies, able to manage sometimes difficult situations.
- Enthusiasm and self-motivation, including a willingness to take on challenges and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a high pressure, customer centric environment while delivering high quality work.
- Self-starter qualities with the ability to lead a process/ transaction and to integrate within the team.
- Ability to prioritize several concurrent tasks in a fast-paced environment and prove resilient in the face of challenges and disappointments.