£45,000 - £55,000
about 1 year ago
TGRC have partnered with a renewable energy investment fund, to source and select a highly educated asset engineer to focus on technologies such as onshore wind and solar pv. The Asset Engineer will be supporting various departments including asset management, Development and EPC. The role will involve in depth analysis and problem solving skills, where root causes of technical issues are identifed and resolved. This person will work simlutaneously on a variety of projects, resulting in an exciting and varied role. Over time you will be exposed to other areas of the business including the technical due diligence and acquisiton of new projects into the portfolio.
- Support in the definition, implementation and review of technical performance KPIs related to asset reliability, performance, asset condition and asset life.
- Identify and analyse asset condition and or performance issues, and identify and support the implementation of additional investigation to determine root cause and corrective action. Identify and implement medium- and long-term performance and reliability optimisation.
- Review energy generating technologies (wind turbines, PV, modules, tracking structures, inverters etc.) to identify risks and opportunities.
- Specify technical specifications, QAQC protocols, acceptance testing and condition assessments, and end of warranty condition assessments (data-focused and physical) at all stages of the project lifecycle including contracting. Support the local team on follow-up and resolution of identified issues.
- Act as a central point of co-ordination for key asset management information/knowledge management (e.g. Operational and technology defects database, maintenance database, O&M costs database).
- Provide leadership and support for the development of global asset management, condition assessment and maintenance processes/ systems and the continuous improvement thereof. Facilitate the sharing of good practices globally.
- Carry out due diligence on operational aspects of acquisition opportunities. Provide technical modelling assumptions such as availability, OPEX and useful life for projects; and
- Review/ support the negotiation of major supply or maintenance contracts.
- 5+ years of experience within an operational or engineering organisation within renewables (wind and solar PV).
- Relevant degree in engineering.
- Experience with defining and monitoring technical KPIs such as availability, PR, condition and component health monitoring.
- Familiarity with SCADA monitoring software, CMS, CMMS and/ or analytics software tools to assist with reliability and performance analysis.
- Understanding of operations and maintenance scope, performance metrics and agreements (e.g. Asset Management Agreements, Operator Contracts, turbine maintenance contracts, solar PV O&M contracts).
- Understanding of OPEX budgets.
- Strong quantitative analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Professional and diligent attitude.
- Ability to demonstrate commercial awareness, and an appreciation of the cost/ benefit impact of operational decisions on project returns.
- Self-starting individual, able to work with local teams to understand their requirements and meet deadlines for agreed scopes of work.
- Experience reviewing or undertaking wind turbine loading assessments would be advantageous.
- Experience of undertaking project due diligence and determination/review of investment case assumptions would be an advantage.