Wind Turbine Control Engineer
- Posted 28 September 2021
- Salary 60000
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameCharlie Wilkes Green
My client is an established manufacturer of small-scale onshore wind turbines. They are seeking an experienced Control Engineer to work on the electrical development of their 15kW turbine. This role requires deep knowledge of inverters.
In this role, you will manage all control and electrical aspects for a UK ‘small wind’ turbine manufacturer and undertake the technical lead for product development of wind turbines within the business. You will be providing technical expertise, seeking to improve performance and availability as well as fault finding and diagnostics.
Involved in product development through modification, you will incorporate new smart energy solutions, integrating turbines with solar and battery storage across the UK and globally.
Core Responsibilities Include:
• Product development for the control, communication, and electrical aspects of 5kW & 15kW small wind turbines.
• The development of smart, robust turbine control systems
• Develop inverter and grid connection solutions
• Develop storage and solar integration solutions for off grid technologies
• Knowledge of: MCS/H&S/CE/EMC/Grid
- Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of control systems for wind turbines of < 50kW Wind Turbines
- Experience in programming both CAN and PLC based control systems
- Experience in electronics and PCB Design
- Knowledgeable in relevant standards and certifications for small wind turbines, especially IEC 61400-2 & MCS requirements.