Depending on experience
16 days ago
A leading Australian onshore wind developer are seeking an experienced Manager of Wind Farm Developments for their Victoria based team. The company are currently developing one of the largest wind projects in Australia, as well as a host of other impressive projects in their portfolio. They are seeking a new senior member of staff who can assist with them with the next stage of their growth plans.
As Manager of Wind Farm Developments, you will manage and lead a small, fast-paced development team. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will manage all wind project development activities on one or more projects, including site identification, securing of land, connection into the national electricity grid, environmental studies, planning and permitting and any land related matters. You will lead and manage all aspects of project development from inception to construction hand-over.
This role is open to international candidates, as the company will assist in obtaining the relevant visa for any international candidate who is successful in securing this role. If you are an international candidate, the following requirements apply to you.
· Track record of delivering wind energy projects from inception to ready for construction.
· Commercially savvy, well-rounded team player and either already manage a development team or have the leadership skills and readiness to manage a small team of professionals.
· 5 – 10 years’ professional experience in the wind energy industry with over 4 years as a Wind Energy Project Developer.
· Good project management and strong leadership and mentoring skills.
· Tertiary engineering or related technical qualification.
· A good understanding of wind energy including wind resource assessments, site assessments, wind turbine technology and the wind farm development process from inception to operation of a project.
· English communication skills of a high professional standard (reading, writing and speaking).
Qualities and attributes required from you:
· Ability to work under pressure
· Can-do solution focused attitude
· Ability to work in a high paced environment and to manage competing priorities
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
· Demonstrated organisational and time management skills, in a project environment
· Attention to detail
· Demonstrated use of initiative
· Demonstrated ability to lead a team
· Analytical & critical thinker
· Commercial acumen and demonstrated negotiation skills
· Professional approach
· Confident manner
· Positive approach to change
· Resilient, critical thinking
· Ability to relate and work with a diverse group of people
In return for the above requirements, the company offer a supportive and flexible workplace with a genuine work/life balance.