about 2 years ago
A leading Australian onshore wind development company are seeking an experienced Wind Project Development Assistant for their Victoria based team. The company are currently developing one of the largest wind projects in Australia, as well as a host of other impressive projects in their portfolio. They are seeking a new senior member of staff who can assist with them with the next stage of their growth plans.
· Assist in the monitoring and development of project plans for work on renewable energy projects.
· Able to establish and maintain strong working relationships across all stakeholder groups both internal and external.
· Meet strict project deadlines with competing priorities.
· Correlation between maps and onsite features to ensure factual correctness using reports, aerial photography, physical site truthing, GPS and relevant software systems.
· Assist with the preparation of topical presentations for the development team
· Assist with the production and assessment of development designs, studies and reports.
· Attend project and development team meetings as required and provide timely project updates and reports to management, as required.
· Liaise with other project stakeholders, including community engagement and communications
· Actively update the customer relationship management system
· Assist in supporting project administration tasks
Consultant & Contractor Management
· Assist in the management external project consultants to ensure all relevant surveys, wind monitoring campaigns and site works comply with relevant regulations.
· Assist in reviewing contractors’ intellectual and physical works, including review of Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
· Understand landholder requirements and appreciate primary and secondary agri-business drivers.
· Communicate with landholders to facilitate site access and achieve efficient and practical design solutions.
· 1 – 3 years’ experience in the renewable energy sector in Australia working on utility scale projects in Solar PV or Onshore Wind
· Experience in QGIS or ArcGIS and other mapping packages
· Ideally programming experience including Python and C#
· Degree in relevant subject
· Eligible to work in Australia