$200000 - $250000
over 1 year ago
Reporting directly to the CEO this is a superb opportunity to join a leading, dynamic and entrepreneurial solar pv development business. The VP of Risk Management & Trading Operations will focus on two key principles; managing risk and overseeing operations for the trading team. With over 800MW of Solar funded and developed and with 600MW under operation, this independant, employee owned IPP are looking for an indivdual who shares their passion for making a significant impact on climate change.
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, and quantifying risk both portfolio-wide and on singular trades.
- The candidate will work with traders to develop risk mitigation strategies prior to and after trade execution, and provide daily position limit and VaR reports.
- Tasked with measuring portfolio and transactional VAR, NAV, liquidity, P&L projections, counterparty risk, and managing overall processes and personnel.
- Work with the CFO and trading team to build out automated trade templates as well as a suite of visualization tools to help the team quickly identify risks.
- Help integrate an ETRM that will be the backbone of continued expansion into other environmental commodities and new markets.
- Charged with communicating to the CEO, the Investment Committee, and the Executive Team updates on portfolio risk and overall projections in tandem with the VP of Trading.
- Responsible for managing operations behind the Trading Team. This will include developing and automating proprietary databases.
- Responsible for accepting commodity deliverables, delivering quantities of SRECs, RECs, or other commodities, and ensuring that both deliveries and receivables match up to trade confirmations.
- The Operations Team is also responsible for customer compliance, contract damage/delivery obligations, invoice coordination and overall data integrity.
- Interest in renewable energy and environmental stewardship.
- Highly organized
- Interest in working in a highly entrepreneurial and dynamic company with significant ambition
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business field.
- 7-10 years of related experience in a trading or investment firm
- Experience with compliance, operational or database management
- Experience managing a team and commitment to leadership by example
- Experience with fund management including reporting requirements and processes needed to monitor system performance and resolution
- Capacity to convert inventory assessment and contract terms into measurable risk parameters
- Experience with business forecasting, financial modeling and energy modeling
- Experience using Excel and SQL
- Talent for time management and attention to detail
- Analytical mind and strong worth ethic
- Ability to review and analyze large sets of information and provide an analysis and summary of the material to executives