Role:VP of Finance
My client, a developer at the forefront of the sustainable fuel development space, is looking for a VP Finance to join the team. The firm own an impressive proprietary technology, which involves using bioenergy and carbon capture to create carbon negative fuels that can be used in the global aviation sector.
As a result of their success so far, they've raised capital from a reputable clean energy investment fund to assist constructing their first project and developing additional assets throughout the US. Working with the CEO this key hire will oversee the accounting, reporting & FP&A function for the firm, while also being involved in the project level modeling and transaction management (project finance, M&A and similar).
The position is perfect for a Director/Senior Director level finance professional looking to step up into a VP seat. This individual will also have oversight of the entire finance function, from accounting through to modeling/transaction management.
● Directly responsible for company-wide accounting and finance processes, systems, and resources.
● Directly responsible for preparation of reporting and financial statements on a regular basis and in accordance with a defined reporting calendar.
● Directly responsible for accounting procedures, to include categorizations, account reconciliations, accounts receivables and payables, chart of accounts, accounting software, and/or managing vendor engagements.
● Directly responsible for ensuring financial records are accurate and in accordance with internal financial policies, controls, and procedures as well as relevant state and federal laws and regulations. Manage and build relationships with external accounting partners and/or consultants that support regular accounting procedures.
● Coordinates financial forecasts and project models, including integrating inputs from internal teams and reconciling with previous plans/forecasts including:
· Financial modeling of project development opportunities.
· Support structuring of Power Purchase Agreements with potential offtake customers.
· Support project financing and M&A transactions with 3rd party investors, lenders and/or tax equity providers.
· Collaborate effectively with the Development, Origination, EPC, and Interconnection teams.
· Provide strategic financial and renewable energy market analysis as needed.
● Produce and/or oversee monthly and quarterly reporting to internal stakeholders to include collaborating with Operations to produce corporate performance reporting.
● Work closely with functional managers and the executive team including the CEO, VP of EPC and VP of Development.
● Produce financial analyses and recommendations necessary for executive and/or business unit strategy, to evaluate and/or inform business decisions, and/or assess company performance.
● Leads capital raising activities and project financing including associated relationships including lenders and third-party tax equity.
● Manages corporate bank accounts and invoices and associated banking relationships.
● Leads and/or supports maintenance of employee expense tracking and deployment/use of corporate credit cards.
● Coordinates with Human Resources on any payroll, commission, and/or bonus needs and associated reporting/analysis.
● Serve as direct manager and/or mentor, provide feedback, support professional growth, and make a great place to work day-in and day-out.
● Identify resource needs and actively participate in recruiting team members both within and beyond the Financial and Accounting teams.
● Maintain confidentiality of financial information consistent with the nature of the topic and/or the data involved.
● 10-12 Years of experience in the Finance/Accounting fields, including leadership responsibility for a major energy project financing
● CPA or MBA is highly preferred
● At least 5 years of management experience
● Infrastructure, Energy and/or Renewable Energy industry experience is a must
● Mastery of Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and other financial and accounting software, as applicable/recommended
● Effective and thoughtful written and verbal communications; command of presentations, deliverables, and communications
● Demonstrated knowledge of quantitative analysis and forecasting methods
● Demonstrated ability to maintain meticulous organization of financial information, communications, resources, and responsibilities
● Comfort with high-pace culture and managing to periodic deadlines
● Serve as a tenured and more senior employee and resource to the entire organization and facilitate getting work completed cross-functionally