about 2 months ago
VP, Accounting & Tax, Renewable Energy Power Producer
Brilliant executive level opportunity to lead the Finance function in a growing renewable energy Independent Power Producer (IPP).
The firm finances, develops and operates utility renewable energy projects all over the world. They already have 600MW operational in the US and are rapidly growing – and therefore require a senior level appointment who can lead strategy and operations from a financial perspective.
The VP, Accounting & Tax will have financial oversight for the entire US entity and directly manage a team of accountants and controllers.
- Renewable or similar energy expertise is essential for this role.
- This professional also needs to be well versed in GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
The main responsibilities in the role will include (but not be limited to):
- Lead and manage the corporate finance competencies, including ledger accounting, treasury, accounts payable, financial reporting, tax compliance and FP&A.
- Develop and maintain the structures so that each of the competencies listed are successful. This includes reporting calendars with many deliverables and developing and operating the platform so that this can be successful.
- Work with colleagues (including those in Europe) to develop and maintain the systems platform for effective accounting processes.
- Provide advice about financial and business performance topics to stakeholders including the US CEO and Group CFO.
- Develop and lead core finance processes including annual budgets and annual financial reporting and audit processes.
- Build and operate financial accountability framework (e.g. developing budgets and then reviewing performance) which are relevant to business managers.
- Facilitate and enable proper conclusion on technical finance matters by appropriate subject matter experts.
- Represent the business externally to investors regarding accounting, financial reporting and financial performance topics.
- Manage team members in a flexible way, ranging from direct and task-oriented supervision to supportive and goal-oriented supervision.
- Bachelor of Business Administration with a quantitative financial focus, or other similar degree
- 10+ years professional experience in corporate finance roles with progressive growth development
- Relevant industry experience e.g. leading the finance function for a renewable energy (or similar) developer, IPP, fund, etc.
- Leaner attitude; ability to figure out tasks which are unclear or have not done before.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and complicated accounting and tax topics, including shaping those topics for complaint and relevant outcomes for stakeholders
- Demonstrated high skillset communicating financial topics to skilled non-financial professionals
- Demonstrated skillset using quantitative analysis to address business questions
- Demonstrated strong integrity and sense of confidentiality
- Occasional travel, less than 10%.
- Certified Public Accountant or MBA
- Public accounting experience, including audit, tax or advisory services
- Master in Accountancy, or other advanced degree with finance focus
- Advanced analytic experience (content or tools) including working knowledge of valuations, use of statistics in business, PowerBI, Microsoft DAX, Python
Please apply before the deadline.