2 months ago
We are delighted to be retained by an innovative Energy Developer & Asset Manager based in New York City. The company has heavily invested in clean infrastructure for the city, with the current asset portfolio representing more than 20% of NYC’s electric generation capacity.
The firm’s strategy is centred on helping New York achieve ambitious clean energy goals, which includes modernisation of old infrastructure and developing new clean energy projects (such as battery storage and transmission). As a result of continued growth and success, the company is looking for a Vice President, Environmental Management to join the executive team.
Essential experience for the role is knowledge, expertise and a track record with the New York State Article VII permitting process for transmission facilities. In addition it's integral that the individual has experience marshalling large development projects through difficult state & federal approvals
The Vice President, Environmental Management will be a member of the Executive Committee, a trusted advisor to the CEO and other members of the Executive Committee, and a key participant in strategic planning, goal setting, and communication with owner stakeholders.
They will have ultimate responsibility for all aspects of the company’s environmental compliance program, as well as for securing and maintaining compliance with all entitlements required for the construction and operations of the company’s development project.
This professional will be an expert for permitting major infrastructure projects, and be able to demonstrate leading the permitting process for transmission projects.
The VP will be someone who can manage compliance and permit licensing and consenting for new projects, plus relicensing of the existing project portfolio. The expectation is for this hire to be highly engaged in the entire development lifecycle.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering or environmental discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in permitting large energy infrastructure projects (electric generation facilities, electric transmission lines, energy storage, natural gas pipelines)
- Demonstrated leadership, management, analytical and negotiating skills
- Independent work ethic/self-motivation and demonstrated ability to manage permitting on multiple projects/transactions simultaneously
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint, Google Earth, Adobe, GIS, etc.)
- Work in an entrepreneurial organization
- Relevant experience in siting and alternative analyses for utility facilities is preferred
- Preference for experience with transmission and power siting board approvals