11 months ago
The chance to join an award-winning sustainability technology company that focus on combining hardware, software & services to reduce energy consumption across 100’s of sites spanning over 5 continents and 17 countries. To date, the firm has achieved over £65M in energy savings in just 5 years across offices, hotels & shopping centres alone. The firm has experienced a tremendous amount of growth recently and are looking to expand their London office significantly to assist with delivering key projects across Europe.
The Commissioning & Project Engineer would join the project team. The successful candidate would have a strong technical understanding of monitoring systems as well as, planning, coordinating, managing and documenting the firm’s energy efficiency monitoring system. The individual will have the sole lead on over 10 projects and report to the Global Head of Projects.
- Using a strong technical background to formulate monitoring solutions across different platforms and protocols (BACnet, MODBUS etc).
- Mapping of meters and monitoring points into the EDGE system.
- Commissioning of monitoring systems on the EDGE system.
- Liaising with and meeting with clients, site teams, sub-contractors and vendors on all relevant aspects of the project.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ensure the allocated projects are delivered on time and on budget and provide guidance and coordination for the Project delivery team.
- Review and prepare project documentation
- Coordinate and interact between departments in order to meet the quality and scheduled requirements of the project.
- Compliance with all Safety, Environmental and Quality requirements as outlined in relevant policies and management systems.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Technical understanding of MODBUS metering. Addressing of meters and mapping of monitoring systems using MODBUS protocol.
- Technical exposure of BACnet and BMS systems.
- Proven history of system integration.
- Excellent computer skills. Strong understanding of networking. Strong in Excel and other Microsoft products.
- Excellent understanding of how electrical sub-metering systems work and how to install these – with a focus towards CT driven meters.
- ECS Card and/or Diploma or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Familiar with other sub-metering equipment such as water, gas, thermal energy.
- Organised approach to documentation.
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills
- Familiar with relevant Health and Safety, environmental, and quality legislation, requirements and procedures.
- Availability to travel to sites within the UK and Europe.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.