£30,000 - £35,000
2 months ago
Fantastic short term role for a junior professional looking for transaction exposure within the renewable energy investment sector.
Our client, a leading infrastructure fund are looking for temporary support (circa 3 month FTC) while they manage the divestment of a portfolio of renewable assets.
The role is contract and admin heavy, so would suit a profile with 6-12 months transaction experience within the renewable investment space, or someone with a legal background and knowledge of energy contracts.
This positions sits within the infrastructure team which has primarily invested in the renewable energy sector to date, with a current geographic focus on the UK. The team has recently begun a divestment process, under which several portfolios of renewable assets will be sold to various buyers. The divestment process comprises the following elements.
- Creation and management of an online dataroom, containing all commercial, legal and financial information required by the Buyer’s team
- Answering of questions raised by the Buyer’s team
- The sourcing of documents or data missing or incomplete in the dataroom.
The Transaction Assistant will support the Investment Manager in managing the divestment of the portfolio in the following ways:
- Sourcing / finding all materially significant contracts for each plant
- Sourcing all planning consents, and correspondence with planning authorities, for each plant
- Sourcing any correspondence with any regulatory body, for each plant
- Sourcing missing documentation, e.g. permits, certificates, etc, as may be requested by the Buyer’s Team
- Assisting the Investment Manager in answering the Buyer’s team’s questions
- Prior transactional experience preferred
- Knowledge of / experience with energy-sector contracts desirable
- Competent with MS Office suite
- Excellent attention to detail with
- Organised, logical, with good time management skills