£40,000 - £50,000
3 months ago
Our clients’ purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, everyone needs to come together - not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, their goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent they are looking for, then come and join the adventure!
Our client is building a zero carbon team inside and out, of people who share their values, feel inspired by their mission, and want to make change happen. It’s not just a job, it’s the work of a lifetime and they want the sharpest minds to help.
Work is varied and can include anything from ad-hoc visual analysis of market data, to deep-focus tasks such as making marginal gains on forecast accuracy based on statistical analysis.
Key responsibilities include:
- Modelling how much power and gas OVO’s customers use on a daily basis.
- Quantitative analysis of trading strategies to assess exposure and minimise risks.
- Pricing exotic derivatives.
- Responding to changes in the market to facilitate trading decisions on the day.
- Collaborating with trading tech to develop algorithms and data pipelines that are stable enough to auto-trade.
- Python, SQL and Tableau are the main technologies used within the team. They tend to take a mixed model approach incorporating traditional timeseries models and modern data science techniques such as Nonparametric Regression1, Bayesian Modelling2, and Neural Networks3.
- Degree level (or equivalent) in numerical or science based subject preferred
- A strong mathematical background
- Experience developing analytical computer models
- Some exposure to programming languages, ideally Python and SQL.
- Good data manipulation skills
- Demonstrable high attention to detail
- A drive to learn and develop new skills to suit the work
- Be a creative thinker who thrives off direct responsibility
- Though some exposure to programming is important for this role, we’re looking for smart people who are good at picking things up, rather than someone with experience of particular technologies.
Does this role sound like something you’d be interested in? Please don’t hesitate to contact Emma with your CV at email@example.com