4 months ago
The Technical Writer breaks down technical and non-technical processes into easy-to-understand mediums that help the end-user understand how to perform our services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct audience analysis and identify any special needs
- Plan and outline the scope of the project including any additional team members as needed.
- Perform topic research, obtaining product samples, document design, and content writing
- Create, revise or obsolete documentation while maintaining version control of documentation including but not limited to standard operating procedures, work flows, work instructions, job aids, video aids, quick reference guides, presentations and reports
- Also create or revise more informal types of content including SharePoint posts, department communications, and announcements
- Administer the routing and approval of changes in the electronic document management system.
- Ensure documentation is well organized and easily retrieved
- Testing and review of the communication
- Utilize technology to enhance work efforts
- Prepare reports that represent work performed
- Must take a proactive approach to controlling (and escalating as necessary) risk-related issues that could jeopardize the integrity of department document controls, procedures, or processes
- Actively support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Utilize software skills to produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy versions, as needed
- Maintain a comprehensive library of terminology and documentation that is well organized and easily retrieved
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions
- Provide Ad Hoc reports as needed
- Assist with record retrieval during system audits
- Lead process improvement initiatives as directed
- Actively participate in meetings as required
- Assist in maintaining department document controls
- Provide project support including but not limited to; Communication with office and site operation personnel, administrative activities, and project phase analysis
- Assist with the consolidation and organization of project documents to facilitate project implementation actions
- Comply with all safety policies, practices, and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Support ISO 9001 compliance and initiatives.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
- A Bachelor Degree and at least two (2) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write, speak, analyze, and interpret a wide variety of communications and styles as well as utilize many communication mediums available. Ability to convey a message in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.