about 1 year ago
Our client operates as one of the leading independent power producers in the renewable energy sector, The Company develops, finances invests in, builds, and operates renewable energy power plants worldwide. They are now looking to take on a Technical Director to lead the technical delivery of the project developed in the region.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Take the ownership of all assigned work, predominantly solar-focused with the likelihood of involving supervision and review of some wind projects in SEA region. Make sure the assigned work can be progressed with a well-organized plan and ensure high quality of deliveries (include timeline, accuracy etc.)
- Provide technical insights using analytics, ensuring alignment of goals and execution and pushing projects to go forward successfully; be specialized in Aluminum and/or Power Plant industries
- Strong commercial sense and project management/team leading experience
- Can leverage all available resources and ways for the better solution of problem and difficulties
- Design key documents and conduct internal reporting/coordination with relative departments (incl. legal, financing, auditing)
- Develop potential partners actively in Taiwan and maintain a good relationship on all levels
- Willing to travel across the region. ( overseas business trip is required)
Profile and requirements
- University Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the related field.
- With a track record of successfully managing the development of multiple projects, with a focus on pre- & post consent stage up to financial close.
- A thorough understanding of the commercial/environmental/regulatory challenges facing all stages of renewable energy project development.
- Technical knowledge of renewable energy plants (design, yield assessment, grid connection, construction/procurement) is important
- Excellent written and verbal communication Ability in Mandarine and English, able to travel frequently in the region;
- A strong basic understanding of financial aspects of power generation projects with experience of working closely with financial analysts in the preparation and updating of financial models