6 months ago
Our client is a multinational infrastructure and private equity investment company. They make investments across a wide range of renewable energy infrastructure assets. In particular, our client is a market leader in the management of solar and energy from waste assets, with a portfolio across various geographies with an enterprise value of over £1bn.
Our client’s managed fund’s currently own an operational solar park and one park under construction and they have entered into contracts to purchase three more solar parks across Australia. They are in a prime position to be a leading player in the Australian energy markets in the coming years. Our client also owns a portfolio of global bioenergy assets totalling over £500m.
Our client are seeking a Technical Portfolio Manager to be based in Sydney to join their growing operations in Australia. The Technical Portfolio Manager will manage the performance of energy infrastructure projects run by our client in Australia through construction and operation and supporting the acquisition process of new projects in both solar and bioenergy.
- Overseeing the performance of selected investee companies through construction and operations.
- Managing utility-scale solar PV and Bioenergy/Energy from Waste projects through from Notice to Proceed through construction to operations, including managing the EPC, DNSP, regulatory approvals and other processes necessary for the project SPV to deliver the projects. This includes coordinating these parties, tracking budgets, progress, quality and HSE performance.
- Ensuring installations are built to the agreed designs and meet the correct quality, technical specifications and requirements of the construction contract.
- Managing the technical due diligence process and technical adviser for new acquisitions whilst negotiating the technical content of key contracts such as the EPC and O&M contracts.
- Liaising with the London-based portfolio management teams to include regular performance reporting sharing of knowledge and best-practice.
- Identifying, evaluating and proposing opportunities for performance improvements, both operationally and economically.
- Actively contributing to the overall performance of the Australia Team.
- Attending board meetings where relevant to update investors and directors on the performance of the projects and discuss any issues.
- Attending regular sites visits during the construction and operational phases sometimes with investors / key stakeholders.
- Reviewing and monitoring health and safety alongside a health and safety adviser.
- Actively engaging with the network operators to assist in due diligence of new projects and on-going management of grid outages.
- Managing the EPC contractor’s testing procedures at the beginning and early years of operation and making claims against the contractor where there are issues / underperformance / defects.
- Supporting any exit process or refinancing by assisting with technical due diligence.
- Experience of solar (ideally) and projects in biopower
- Experience with 11kV, 33kV and 132kV PV or renewable energy plant connection at design and operational level would be appreciated.
- Previous experience as a board representative would be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate with third parties (i.e EPC/O&M contractors) effectively including speaking their native languages as required.
- A minimum 7 years’ relevant experience is preferred.
- A good communicator with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Adaptable: able to quickly adjust to the varying demands of the projects and portfolio more generally.
- Numerate: familiar with financial models and their use to evaluate and forecast performance