about 1 month ago
Technical Portfolio Manager
Location: Madrid, Spain
TGRC are working with a leading independent infrastructure and investment fund who have in excess of €8bn in assets worldwide. Join the technical portfolio management team to support the European solar portfolio, based in Madrid.
- Work closely with all Technical Portfolio Managers, as well as the management team to take responsibility for the Iberian portfolio.
- Oversight of the technical and commercial performance of the Iberian Solar portfolio with a view to optimising cash flows and investment value.
- Be able to complete site visits to ensure installations meet the correct quality, technical specifications and built to the agreed design. Be able to review and comment on plant lay-outs, designs and yield calculations. Assist during commissioning and PAC process.
- Oversight of response to non-routine operational issues occurring at sites (material equipment failure etc) with the aim of maximising production across the portfolio.
- Oversight contract management – ensuring that all services required by the O&M or EPC contracts are actioned accordingly o Responsible of the negotiation of O&M contracts.
- Follow up daily performance of the assets.
- Negotiation of commercial settlements to contractual disputes. Management of EPC claims, negotiation with EPCs following commissioning. Management of insurance claims processing.
- Stakeholder management: Building and managing relationships with external stakeholder and key counterparties responsible for the operation of the projects across the portfolio with a view to achieving the best commercial outcomes for the equity investors.
- Accounts & Compliance: Co-ordinating with the Portfolio Management team and Finance team to have financial statements prepared for each Project SPV.
- A good balance of commercial, business and technical skills
- Experience in PV and wind technology.
- Contract literacy, i.e. ability/willingness to read key commercial contracts and understand risk allocation and two way obligations between parties (e.g. EPC contract, O&M contract, Debt Facility Agreement, etc.)
- Relevant or transferable degree.