Flexible Depending on Experience
4 months ago
With a primary focus on current projects, the role will include working on wind farm design and layout optimisation, wind resource assessment, meteorological mast data campaigns and associated wind data analysis, appointment and management of external consultants as required and providing advice to the Technical Team and other departments within the Company.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on full lifecycle wind farm projects in the UK and a candidate who has previous experience of working with onshore wind farms is essential.
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a business that is at the forefront of wind energy development in the UK with over 1GW built, under construction and in development. They are proven renewable energy specialists, experienced in the identification, design, development, construction and operation of onshore wind farms.
They believe in an open and consultative approach with local host communities during all stages of the development process to ensure clean energy is generated to meet local energy needs. They have a dedicated team of highly experienced civil and electrical engineers and environmental professionals who are committed to renewable energy to help reduce the serious threat that Climate Change now poses.
- Strong statistical, data processing and manipulation expertise within the wind sector;
- Experience or knowledge of undertaking wind energy resource assessments;
- Appreciation of wind conditions and issues in complex terrain;
- Experience of industry standard software such as WindPro and WASP;
- To manage and work alongside other professionals in inter-department multi-disciplinary teams such as operations and asset management, project design & development and commercial aspects;
- To prepare technical and non-technical reports and report to the Technical Director;
- A knowledge of wider renewables technologies and use of CFD;
- Commercially and quality driven, and able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Engineering degree;
- Strong command of English, both verbally and written;
- Excellent organisational, communication and interpersonal skills with attention to detail;
- A thorough understanding of technical due diligence for large wind projects including specific risks associated to development, construction and operation;
- Experience of working on wind energy technical due diligence projects including tenders and contracts;
- Proficient user of MS Office particularly MS Excel;
- Experience of using GIS, Wind Pro or equivalent;
- Able to work under pressure and towards deadlines;
- Full and valid driving license is essential;
- Willing to travel regularly to attend meetings and wind farm sites in the UK.