over 1 year ago
We are seeking a Technical Director to lead on all technical aspects of a UK solar operating portfolio and a development pipeline of new builds. The role will cover management and oversight of the existing solar portfolio, technical due diligence on acquisition targets, design of new sites, contracting, construction monitoring and analysing plant performance.
The role will be based in our central London office.
- Leadership and management of the in-house technical team;
- Setting the strategy for the technical team including remediation, resolving faults and asset optimisation to maximise value for sale;
- Contract negotiation and contractor management ensuring EPC and O&M providers and other contractors meet client requirements;
- Ensuring daily supervision and detailed analysis of the technical performance of the assets in order to achieve optimal PR and availability;
- Driving successful completion of technical issues including failure of the plants;
- Drafting and reviewing reports on technical performance and other operational aspects of the plants;
- Performing technical due diligence activities of pre-construction and operational projects, including performing and review yield analyses;
- Preparation and management of the sales data room and plants ready for sale.
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience ideally with at least 5 years in the UK solar PV industry with a background in a technical consulting, EPC, O&M or Asset Management environment;
- Track record of managing third party contractors, project delivery and site optimisation;
- Ideally experienced in the technical aspects of solar development, especially site optimisation, grid and planning; and
- Experience with the development, acquisition and the sale of PV projects including the creation and management of technical data rooms.
- Excellent understanding of solar PV technology and complementary technologies;
- Familiarity with the use of monitoring software and the review of operational data and experience in the root cause analysis of faults for solar PV Projects;
- Proven leadership and project management skills in managing a multi-skilled, dual-location team;
- Good commercial acumen and contracting experience including analysing and reporting on plant and contractor’s performance.
- Ability to deliver complex tasks to tight timescales.