£35,000 - £50,000
6 months ago
This role is a strategically critical role for a successful investment group operating in the renewable energy sector. It offers an individual the opportunity to make a positive and material impact to the business – there is scope for someone to personalise the job and introduce process improvements, risk management and frameworks.
Oversight and contract management of key equipment, engineering, construction and operations and maintenance contractors and suppliers involved in the development, construction and operation of a rapidly growing UK renewable energy portfolio, particularly the ground mount and roof top solar portfolio.
- Technical Asset management:
- Be able to complete site visits to ensure installations meet the correct quality, technical specifications and built to the agreed design
- Assist during commissioning, PAC, IAC and FAC processes
- Oversight of response to non-routine operational issues occurring at sites (material equipment failure etc) with the aim of maximising production across the portfolio
- Oversight contract management – ensuring that all services required by the O&M or EPC contracts are actioned accordingly
- Responsible for the negotiation of EPC and O&M contracts
- Follow up on semi-annual performance of the assets
- Negotiation of commercial settlements to contractual disputes
- Management of EPC claims, negotiation with EPCs following commissioning
- Management of equipment warranty and insurance claims processing
- Work with finance team managing processes around bonds and cash retention.
- Counterparty Management:
- Building and managing relationships with key contractors and suppliers responsible for the operation of the projects across the portfolio with a view to achieving the best commercial outcomes. These counterparties range from EPC contractors and O&M contractors to the Owner’s Engineer, Health & Safety Advisers, external legal counsel and grid operators.
- Approval of contractors claims for payment against tasks/work completed, issuance of payless notices and any claims for delay or performance liquidated damages;
- With input from the Senior Investment Managers and Technical Managers holding EPC, O&M and small works contractors accountable for the performance of projects in construction or operation within the constraints of the EPC and O&M contracts (Milestones, KPI monitoring, asset optimisation, punch list close out, etc.).
- Ensuring insurance compliance by contractors and suppliers.
- Strong commercial acumen combined with business and technical skills
- Experience working as part of a team and independently
- Strong management and analytical skills with an acute attention to detail
- Comfortable working under pressure and adversarial situations
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) with ability to build relationships quickly and influence with reason
- Contract literacy, i.e. ability/willingness to read key commercial contracts and understand risk allocation and two-way obligations between parties (e.g. EPC contract, O&M contract, etc.)
- Relevant engineering (ideally Electrical) or relevant degree
- Five years’ experience in a similar contract management capacity ideally in UK solar PV energy sector
- Risk awareness and mindset with ability to identify risks and put in place effective mitigants.