4 months ago
The Technical Clarification Specialist performs technical clarifications for parts as required to support Configuration Management and sales initiatives.
- Maintain informational exchanges and communications with all groups and organizations contributing to the fulfillment of technical clarification demands.
- Perform technical clarification of parts requests. Clarification includes but not limited to the accurate documenting of assembly drawings, subassembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, vendor drawings, part numbers, material specifications, heat treatment specifications, general specifications, and standards in preparation for quoting/ordering;
- Must exhibit high accuracy and extreme attention to detail. Data required for clarification is often scattered over multiple sources; often requiring diligence, determination, and analytical thinking to locate desired information and complete the task at hand;
- Expedite and prioritize parts requests, as required to meet defined demands as well as emergencies;
- Interpret customer proposal or request for a quote to define all activities to meet requirements;
- Obtain technical and commercial information from the MHI factories (Document Request Forms, Technical Support Request’s, Manufacturing Authorization Form’s, etc.);
- Provide technical support for supplier Requests for Information (RFI) or other requests (written, Supplier Report of Non-Conformance, Supplier Request for Information, Non-Conformance Report, etc.);
- Provide support as required for Item Master entry and/or maintenance;
- Actively monitor open requests assigned to Configuration Management and track performance against targets;
- Develop new methods and processes utilizing the latest IT tools to improve workflow, data management, and communications within the company. This includes but not limited to ERP, PDM, and SharePoint systems;
- Support the development and improvement of processes and procedures;
- Provide support for Bill of Material (BOM) creation and/or revision;
- Provide after-hours support for emergencies;
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
- Ensure systems of record are fully utilized, maintained and are kept accurate.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Communicate effectively with peers and management at all levels.
- Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of third parties.
- Ensure proper control of Export Controlled Data as required by corporate policy, and federal and state laws.
- Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s Degree in technical or business-related field from accredited college/university or its recognized equivalent in directly related work experience. Minimum 3 years directly related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, revenues, margins, and profits. Ability to apply concepts of accounting and finance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Knowledge of database software; inventory software; manufacturing software; order processing systems; project management software; spreadsheet software and word processing software.