about 3 years ago
The job holder will be a member of the Project Services team and will work with our in-house development, engineering and construction staff and with our clients and contractors. The role will involve the creation and assessment of structural designs, primarily in the marine environment and the delivery of general project engineering services to external clients involved in the development and operation of offshore wind farms. The role may also involve technical analyses such as metocean data analysis and construction weather downtime modelling. The role will also support the business development activities of Project Services.
The role will require supporting all areas of Project Services, collaborating with other parts of the business and interacting with external parties such as clients, partners, contractors, specialist consultants, wind turbine suppliers and independent verification bodies.
The role could be working at a client’s office or in separate regional office, and could be leading a team, working within a team or acting alone for a client.
For technical work on some projects, the role may report directly to a Project Manager in parallel to the line manager.
The work may be related to any phase of a project: concept, FEED or detailed design, development, procurement, construction or operation.
- Produce and/or undertake technical reviews of design basis, concept through to detailed design work and design risk assessments
- Undertake technical reviews and/or carry out analysis of fabrication, transportation, installation and O&M strategies.
- Perform concept and FEED design studies of wind turbine foundations, covering piles, jackets, gravity bases & suction buckets, offshore substation foundations and topsides
- Specification of structural monitoring systems, and analysis / interpretation of monitoring data
- Geotechnical data interpretation and the specification of design parameters
- Metocean data interpretation, analysis and the specification of design parameters
- Other structural design, assessment and analysis work associated with new business areas.
- Contribute to design reviews
- Produce Design Risk Assessments
- Provision of project engineering services i.e. providing and/or coordinating the necessary input of engineering and technical support needed to deliver services including:
- Proactively identifying engineering issues and risks to be addressed.
- Producing and managing design plans.
- Producing calculations and reports.
- Reviewing project or package schedules to identify and plan engineering input.
- Monitoring engineering progress.
- Identifying and implementing areas of process improvement.
- Co-ordinating engineering activities across a range of packages and within quality standards.
- Support in the estimating of project costs, resource requirements and budgets.
- Responsible for work order management including reporting, budgeting and sign-off of expenditure.
- Support or lead as appropriate the appointment and management of external consultants and contractors.
- The role may at times require supporting other business units or working on other, non-offshore wind, projects on occasion as workload requires.
- Ability to use MathCAD
- Experience in design & assessment of floating structures (desirable)