Competitive Salary (DOE)
4 months ago
To lead the technical efforts associated with designing foundations for wind and solar projects along with project-related structural and civil engineering while serving as the focal point for structural and foundation expertise within the company (development, construction, and operations).
The key responsibilities will include as a minimum the following in support of company renewable energy projects:
- Provide technical input and specifications to the wind turbine and solar foundation and structural design and procurement processes.
- Serve as the point person to provide technical information and resolve technical issues arising during development, pre-construction, construction, and operational phases of a project for all aspects related to foundations and other structural matters.
- Provide technical evaluation and due diligence of wind turbine foundation and other structural technology for company renewable projects around the globe.
- Visit structural engineering offices to support technical evaluations and due diligence on behalf of company businesses.
- Coordinate design requirements, suitability, risks, and conformance with wind turbine foundation and structural engineers, in support of development and, construction for all company renewable projects around the globe.
- Manage the design efforts in support of development and pre-construction bid and estimate efforts.
- Manage wind turbine foundation designers and/or EPC contractors, as the case may be, in getting wind turbine foundation designs to IFC, including necessary shop drawings, with proper 3rd party/IE review to ensure suitable designs in accordance with company interests.
- Visit company wind projects in construction and operations around the globe as necessary to provide technical support of wind turbine foundation performance, trouble-shooting, and operational issues.
- Participate in the management of third-party technical wind turbine foundation and structural engineering or project work, particularly relating to the design, review, and performance of wind and solar plant foundations and structures.
- Manage Independent Engineer’s/3rd Party review of wind turbine and solar foundations for design and suitability issues for all company projects. Ensure timely approval of documents and resolution of foundation and structural technical issues relating to projects.
- Provide foundation and structural technical interface with management, lenders, and equity partners/investors.
- Prioritization of the work to be coordinated with development, pre-construction, construction, and operations stakeholders
- Ten years progressive responsible experience in the wind industry with significant wind turbine foundation and above-ground structural design experience.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in engineering is desired.
- Demonstrated experience in wind turbine foundation and general civil and structural design and/or suitability is desired.