Up to £50,000
3 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multinational business who are the Electricity System Operator for Great Britain; sitting at the heart of the nation’s energy system, running electricity networks safely and efficiently 365 days a year.
They will play an instrumental part in transforming the energy system so that it can meet the government’s net zero carbon emissions target by 2050. As such, they are constantly thinking about the future of energy and constantly working to operate a greener and cleaner system.
As the Strategy Analyst you will work closely with leaders and subject matter experts to understand, clearly articulate and prioritise the challenges faced, generate and analyse potential solutions, and make recommendations on the best way forward, so that the leaders of the business have the information they need to make strategic decisions.
If you are excited about change and comfortable with shaping and delivering fast-paced projects, and if you believe that good communication, collaboration and inquisitiveness drive better results, then this job could be for you!
- Lead small projects or workstreams within larger projects, being responsible for structuring and project managing the work, managing their own time, providing regular progress updates and delivering work of the required quality to meet deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Strategy team, as well as Energy Analysis, Corporate Affairs, technical experts within operational teams.
- Work with technical experts in unfamiliar subject areas and quickly develop sufficient understanding to be able to pull out the key aspects for decisions making.
- Manage interactions with a broad range of external stakeholders.
- Create new ways to analyse and present problems and potential solutions.
- Produce clear, concise, short reports and slide packs explaining the findings of the project.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work with a wide range of people to take forward delivery
- Ability to consider strategic frameworks and concepts, and how changes to these will drive real world impact
- Ability to take quantitative and qualitative information and convert it into insights and analysis
- Experience of communicating with, and influencing, internal and external stakeholders at a range of levels
- Experience (at least 3 years) of working in a strategy team in the energy industry, or working in a strategic consultancy on energy issues (or similar)
- Experience in the energy sector, with a detailed understanding of policy and technical issues facing the industry, preferably in the electricity sector (desirable)
- Project management and planning skills to ensure that deadlines are met whilst ensuring high quality (desirable)