11 months ago
Strategic Finance Associate
Location: UK but with offices in Cambridge (UK) + International Travel (Africa)
Reporting Line: VP Finance Innovation, with dotted line to CFO
Package: £DOE + 8% pension contribution + 25 days’ vacation
About the role
An award-winning company operating in Cambridge and Sub-Saharan Africa. Our client develop, manufacture and deliver a ground-breaking pay-as-you-go solar powered service that transforms the lives of people that are not connected to the electricity grid. Every day, thousands of off-grid rural households benefit from the economic, social, and health benefits that access to clean and reliable power brings.
Our clients product and technology solutions extend from solar charging, high-efficiency lighting, low energy appliances and smartphone-based field tools, through to end-to-end network solutions, mobile communications, payment processing, backend server infrastructure and cloud-based analytical tools which support delivery of the pay-as-you-go service.
With a total market of 600 million in Sub-Saharan Africa, the strategic expansion of the product range beyond satellite tv, lighting and mobile phone charging, coupled with the growth of the business is creating new opportunities within our team in Cambridge. Our client is now seeking to hire a Strategic Finance Associate to support its growth initiatives:
- Financial Analysis: Maintain and refine internal financial models for all aspects of the business and analyse impact of pivots to the business model as well as the introduction of new products and services.
- Unit Economics: Analyse customer payments, credit defaults, and associated value chain costs to understand unit economics of different products and services, as well as analyse and manage risk of multiple diversified PayGo portfolios.
- Strategic Partnerships: Review opportunities with (existing) strategic partners, such as local distributors, marketing entities, grant providers etc including reviewing or proposing commercial agreements.
- Investor Relations: Build relationships and support fund raising efforts with global impact investors to design innovative growth financing solutions as well as provide ongoing reporting on social performance.
- Strong presentation capabilities, including preparing high quality pitch decks
- Expert Excel user, advanced modelling of business units / consolidated financials
- Experience negotiating debt funding on behalf of borrowers and reporting to external clients / investors regarding business and debt performance
Experience / Education
- 3-5 years strategy consulting / investment banking / industry experience
- Engineering / Science / Maths / Economics Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- MBA / PhD preferred
- The successful candidate can be located anywhere in the UK, but will need to able to commute to Cambridge as needed, expectation of occasional travel, primarily in Africa.