Strategic Finance Associate
3 months ago
About the role
An award-winning company who develop, manufacture and deliver renewable powered services that transforms the lives of people that are not connected to the electricity grid. Every day, thousands of off-grid rural households benefit from the economic, social, and health benefits that access to clean and reliable power brings.
Our client is now seeking to hire a Strategic Finance Associate to support its growth initiatives:
- Financial Analysis: Maintain and refine internal financial models for all aspects of the business and analyse impact of pivots to the business model as well as the introduction of new products and services.
- Unit Economics: Analyse customer payments, credit defaults, and associated value chain costs to understand unit economics of different products and services, as well as analyse and manage risk of multiple diversified PayGo portfolios.
- Strategic Partnerships: Review opportunities with (existing) strategic partners, such as local distributors, marketing entities, grant providers etc including reviewing or proposing commercial agreements.
- Investor Relations: Build relationships and support fund raising efforts with global impact investors to design innovative growth financing solutions as well as provide ongoing reporting on social performance.
- Strong presentation capabilities, including preparing high quality pitch decks
- Expert Excel user, advanced modelling of business units / consolidated financials
- Preferred experience negotiating debt funding on behalf of borrowers and reporting to external clients / investors regarding business and debt performance
Experience / Education
- 3-5 years strategy consulting / investment banking / industry experience
- Engineering / Science / Maths / Economics Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred
- MBA / PhD preferred but not essential
- Cambridge (flexible working) expectation of occasional Oversees travel