$41 - $52/hr + OT
Carmen Espinos Torredemer
14 days ago
Carmen Espinós Torredemer
Performs duties including bidder prequalification, bidder lists, bid solicitation, bid analysis, negotiation and commitment of purchase orders. Performs administration of purchase orders following commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications, or supplementary commercial conditions.
- Related Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years’ experience in commercial aspects of procurement of major equipment and bulk materials; or at least 7 years’ experience in commercial aspects of procurement of equipment and bulk materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legal and commercial aspects of global procurement of equipment and materials.
- Experience working large EPC projects ($3 billion) in a Purchasing Specialist role is an asset.
- Preferred – familiarity with equipment and processes associated to LNG and/or Petrochemical plants.
A. Supervision Received
- Reports to and receives operational direction from the Project Purchasing Supervisor.
- Receives functional guidance from the global business unit Purchasing Manager.
- Maintains working relationships with project Procurement personnel and project discipline personnel to perform assigned duties.
- Maintains working relationships with those bidders and suppliers involved with the performance of assigned tasks.
- Maintains contacts with global business unit personnel, including functional supervisors, to maintain an awareness of the performance and operating problems of contractors on other company jobs, and to coordinate the development of problem resolutions, of claims settlements, and other contractual matters.
- Performs tasks involved in the formation and administration of purchase orders.
- Communicates with suppliers and personnel to establish clear definition of requirements and assure performance to purchase order terms and conditions.
- Prepares bidder pre-qualifications, bidder lists, bid solicitations, bid analysis, award recommendations and commitments, including aspects of purchase order administration.
- Leads negotiations with suppliers for complex purchases, including development of negotiation strategies, negotiation of pricing and schedule, and resolution of Terms & Conditions.
- Understands and executes work in accordance with the project sourcing strategy, compliance to the Project’s Approved Suppliers List, project financing considerations, and respective tariff and quota risk.
- Accountable to ensure appropriate approval authorities are obtained prior to executing commitments.
- Accountable to the project schedule to include planning and executing own work during the pre-award phase of purchase orders and post award administration of procurements.
- Responsible for assigned orders from development through closure, to include engagement with Engineering on purchase requisition development, the acquisition and delivery of purchases, and order closeout; to include supporting management of backcharges and claims.
- Prepares and organizes assigned Procurement-sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post-award meetings, for ensuring complete understanding and agreement between our company, the customer and supplier on all purchase order matters for assigned packages.
- Conducts meeting and prepares and issues meeting notes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
- Attends project status meetings, when requested, and reports status of area of responsibility.
- Responsible to maintain supplier relationships with supplier’s project personnel executing orders to ensure performance of the work.
- Accountable for integrity of records management for assigned work.
- Responsible to oversee supplier performance and initiate appropriate notices, including notices of back charges/claims for assigned packages.