5 months ago
Our client is looking to hire a remote solar superintendent who will be responsible for the coordination, planning, and execution of all aspects of engineering, procurement, and construction work. The Superintendent will fill in the Project Construction Manager in his/her absence or as directed.
Key Job Duties:
• Supervises and/or directs craft activities as assigned.
• Schedules work to be performed and reviews work accomplished by each craft.
• Performs general functions inherent in all supervisory field positions.
• Participates in the development of contract, subcontract, or vendor scopes of work, budgets, contract formation, and negotiations.
• Supports, coordinates, and reports field activities of construction subcontracts.
• Manages multiple work fronts across a portfolio of solar EPC projects.
• Determines workforce requirements.
• Coordinates established area operational plans.
• Coordinates and directs multi-discipline craft activities within a specific area of the project as instructed by construction management.
• Interface with Industrial Relations for craft recruitment to support direct hire execution as required.
• Prepares Field Material Requisitions for tools and consumables and ensures that the crafts have the tools they require to be productive.
• Optimize the use of construction equipment and tools on the project - Supervise layout, construction, and maintenance of temporary facilities with the Project Construction Manager.
• Provide constructability reviews providing risk analysis, suggestions, and input to ensure successful delivery and execution.
• Liaise with Core Renewables Team to provide project updates related to scheduling and coordination of work.
• Coordinate inspections with local jurisdictions and utilities.
• Ensures the most current design document is used to complete the work and that all design changes are approved prior to implementation.
• Ensures assigned construction operations and subcontractors’ performance are in compliance with specifications and within schedules and budgets.
• Ensures the implementation of corporate/project policies, procedures, and instructions within assigned operations.
• Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
• Monitors work activities and ensures the quality of work performed.
• Provide leadership for the safety, accident prevention, and fire prevention programs which include: Safety orientation of new employees, Prepare safety procedures and monitor Bechtel and subcontractor safety meetings, inspect the site for unsafe conditions and practice and take appropriate corrective action to correct all observed problems & Lead tool box safety meetings.
• May support costs estimating, constructability review, scheduling, and coordinating of requests for proposals.
• Receives assignments with clear goals and the process by which to meet goals.
• Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance.
• Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees.
• Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies.
• Management reviews work to measure the meeting of objectives.
• Frequently interacts and partners with subordinate supervisors and functional peer groups.
• Interaction normally requires the ability to gain the cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
• Supervises the work of Support-level personnel (e.g. technicians, designers, etc.)
• Assists with management decisions and activities.
• Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. In lieu of a degree, 10 years of related work experience is required.
- Minimum 5 years renewable (preferably Solar) EPC experience.
- Minimum 2 years prior Field Non-Manual Supervision on medium to large-sized EPC projects
- Must have the right to work and remain in the Unites States.